Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Infinity Cross

This piece was from one of Nicole Hanna's tutorials she so graciously provides for her adoring fans.  It's not only a beautiful cross, but the work that went into the design is the beauty of the piece.  So lovingly thought out.

It was a scary project to complete.  With so many elements per bar-- each one was a recipe for disaster--there were a few times when I thought I would have to start completely over.  
For one thing, the base wires are a very petite 22 gauge that bend out of straight if you breathe on it too hard. So weaving it with the 28 gauge was a lesson in delicacy and control.
 
I am very proud to have this in my inventory at last.  The most satisfying part of the whole completion, though, is the design was labelled "advanced" at the top of the tutorial.  I didn't see that particular note when I started and now that it's done, I admit to being a little full of myself because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment