Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Adventures in crafting jewelry with wire.

This is basically a progress report on my adventures in creating wearable art.

A novice wire weaver of sparkly bits, I mostly craft earrings, pendants, necklaces and bracelets.  There will be the occasional sun catcher or bright bobble mirror hanger among my works, but all pieces showcased here will be me learning the craft.

You will find highlighted here the artists who so generously post their tutorials on You Tube as often as possible and, if you too are just learning how to craft jewelry with copper and silver and shiny bits of gems, I hope you learn right along with me.


All questions, comments and SHOUTS including disparagements, boos and hisses, kisses and hugs, cheers and encouragements are welcome here.  If you need anything else from me in the way of help, therapy, spleen venting outlets of frustration, just YELL.  If I don't have an answer, I'll look it up.

The only thing I ask is that you be good to each other.  As an ex-bar tender, cab driver and trucker, I have a thick hide, an iron skin, an impenetrable outer layer that repels all verbal assault. If you don't like what someone has to say, tell your sister, husband, dog or cat, otherwise please keep it to yourself...if there are enough viewers of my humble submissions to gather an audience to commit such atrocities, 
that is.

Anyway.... 
 

I learned something new today.  There is more to life than just Swarovsky crystals. ( I LOVE Swarovsky gems.)  I love cabochons, top-drilled gems, side-drilled, briolettes, teardrops, ovals, pearls and facets... and crystals!  Give me crystals.  What I did not know I loved were rivolis.  Didn't even know what they were.  Did I mention I liked crystals?

This work is by my favorite artist, Nicole Hanna.   I love her whimsy.   Here's a link to her blog:  http://www.nicolehannajewelry.com/blog

The kinds of gems and stones and cuts out there is staggering.
So here is a nice little article about some of them.

http://antiques.about.com/od/vintagecostumejewelry/tp/Stones-in-Vintage-Costume-Jewelry.htm


What a rivoli looks like in a perfect setting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment